Full Metal Alchemist: RAGED

Everyone has seen or heard of Full Metal Alchemist, the insanely popular anime released in 2003 that captured the hearts of anime viewers everywhere. It focused on a short main character named Edward Elric and his brother who was unfortunately turned into a walking piece of armor, Alphonse. But everyone knows that. Do you know why everyone knows that? Everyone watched it. People were pulled in immediately to a vortex of alchemy and hardcore action. Edward rips off his cloak and becomes a total badass and all are seduced to the typical Naruto/Bleach ‘totally sweet’ factor. Once sucked into this spinning mass of awesomeness you can’t escape. The thing that you don’t realize is that it ISN’T awesome, it’s just CRAZY overrated and you think, “Well everyone else is cosplaying it so I better watch it…”

The Characters SUCK
The characters really do suck. I mean Edward is as stereotypical as you can possibly get and he is not dynamic at all. He’s boring and entirely predictable. Furthermore, he doesn’t look cool. I would go on about the rest of the characters but they are all the same, predictable and annoying. They just have this seemingly “badass awesome” factor that people are suddenly attached to. What is so good about Envy? Nothing he looks like a girl. What is so good about Alphonse? He is annoying and makes no contribution to the series at all, not to mention being an absolutely flat character. His armor isn’t even cool. It’s hideous and not only that but he has incestuous thoughts about his brother. Tell me I’m wrong…

JJanime writes:
“The characters are so likable, this alone is enough to give a reason just to watch this show. They grow on the viewer and you actually care for what happens to them. There is somthing about the characters that makes them seem belevable and realistic, therfore, you can relate to them all in some way or another. They are all well developped in every aspect to.
The reason I gave the character ‘9’ instead of ’10’ is because there is not enough of a variety of characters.”

This is a good example of someone sucked into the vortex, he seems to realize that the characters do indeed suck but thinks because they are “cool” that they are good. Are the characters really believable and realistic? Are they well developed? Ok, just think back a second and think about how god damn lame it was when Alphonse thought he wasn’t really Edward’s brother.

The Action SUCKS

By the action sucking I mean there is no action. You watch a few episodes and you see Edward fight some guys and you automatically think, “OH BADASS!” but then you forget to realize BONES is doing this to you on purpose. They stack the action in the beginning and make long annoying episodes that go nowhere in the middle. Sound familiar? Think back to one fight in the anime that was awesome. “Greed vs. Edward?” Oh I didn’t see that one coming since it was basically the only fight scene in the anime and lasted thirty seconds. Think about how many fricking times you thought a fight was going to start and it didn’t. They did it to you on purpose just to keep you watching in order to push their ridiculously weak plot.

The Plot SUCKS

Cataphract writes:
“In all actuality, 51 episodes probably was a bit too short for FMA; by the end, quite a few ends are left undone, as they simply did not have enough airtime to be fully explained. However, while on the topic of the ending, I say this: bravo. While not perfect, it certainly merits recognition, as most series often suffer a crippling, much-to-be-desired conclusion. FMA, though a bit rushed, ends with both originality and tact, leaving a very open end for a sequel while, at the same time, properly ending FMA as is.”

You know he’s heading in the right direction but he spends his time just praising FMA because he loves it while not being able to look at it objectively. You know why 51 episodes wasn’t enough? Because nothing happened. FMA rode an easy ride; they had a lot of viewers so they took it easy with the animation when they suddenly realized they had to end it. They created this so-called “complex” plot and tried to tie up the loose ends the best they could at the end. At the end did you think, “What the hell? That was stupid.” You probably did, or you probably tricked yourself into think “TOTALLY AWESOME”, but even you realized that there wasn’t even an ending fight scene to save face.

Bottom-line

FMA is overrated, pure and simple. The plot was poorly executed. There was no action. The characters are not dynamic. Everything is predictable. People cosplay it too much.

84 Comments

1. Coral said,

February 16th, 2006 at 1:42 pm

Actually i agree with all of that. but i have only seen a few episodes and the ones i saw i didn’t like. You are right about it all. Also i think that people really seem to like every anime that is shown on cartoon network like inuyasha, samurai champloo, and naruto. (I’m not saying that those are bad shows by the way. Just super popular ones that every one watches. ) One reason i think this is because most people are too poor to go out and buy their own anime or are too lazy to find a place to download it. another reason i think people like these animes is because if they are on adult swim then they are most likely “popular animes”, and some people are so sheepish that they will follow the crowd which is really sad. (-.-) Really if you are watching anime you should find things that YOU as a person like and not things that other people like. Because really in the end every one will be watching a stupid show that only a few people actually like. :) and if you do take my advise and stop watching shows you hate but are too lazy to download or buy your own. just stay up an hour or so later and watch some of the older types. or find a friend that is into the anime you are into and watch it over at their house. (>.^) tis what i do hahaha.

— Coral (^.^) \/

2. Jake said,

February 17th, 2006 at 11:58 am

When I saw this anime for the first time I wasn’t impressed at all. But around the time where adult swim started on the second season I kinda started getting into it. I think that it’s an interesting concept. Definitely confusing at times but recently I’ve found myself looking forward to the next episode on Adult Swim every saturday. Well thats about it for me.

By the way guys good job with the show. Keep it up I’m entertained.

3. Izumi said,

February 21st, 2006 at 10:52 pm

Someone’s obsessed with fight scenes. ;)

4. shalava.Hohenheim[cke] said,

March 1st, 2006 at 7:28 am

I just want to point out that… that idiot up there dressed as the FMA dude is a total fag.

5. charles ravndal said,

March 8th, 2006 at 3:27 am

well, people have different tastes so to speak. I do like FMA but i love Bleach more!

6. Ryan said,

March 14th, 2006 at 10:29 pm

well, I like the Full Metal Alchemist because of its science meets magic baisis and there isn’t 100 extra episodes that do not deal with the direct plot like I have seen in countless other animes. It also has a lot of mystery like my other favorite anime Detective Conan. I would like to point out that you review is completely biased, so to not do the same i will point things I don’t like about it. the final episode leaves too many unanswered questions, but that is what the movie is for I think, and parts of the plot are hard to believe like Dante is in controll of the country, but she is kind of childish. What anime do you like Mr. Editor?

7. jay said,

March 19th, 2006 at 12:07 pm

I agree..FMA is completely overrated. I watched the entire series trying to find out why everyone liked it and I was very disappointed. It had a horrible ending.

8. Kyle Field said,

March 25th, 2006 at 5:33 pm

What is wrong w/ u ppl?!? FMA is awesome… (I am mostly mad about the stupid “the characters suck” part) Ok, first of all Envy isn’t a boy…. or a girl for that matter…. she is like the rest of the homoncoli and is an attempt at bringing a GIRL back to life, however. Ed did look cool, and Alphonse is pretty much what the show is about, his being the philosophers stone and all. I admit, though, his armor is a bit gay looking… but if he were gay, no one would watch this show except maybe you. There are a lot of characters, and basically I think ur just a stupid moron who has nothing better to do. Also, Jay, the ending did suck, just because they wanted to leave ppl who like the show hanging for the movie, and you probably only watched episode 50 (the one titled “Death”) and didn’t watch the next REAL LAST episode. So basically I agree w/ ryan. Oh, yeah sholava.hohenhiem[cke], ur right… that dude is a fag and the only way Ed wouldn’t look cool is if he looked like that guy. Ed does not have an afro.

9. james said,

April 7th, 2006 at 12:25 pm

i think you people take to much in from petty tv shows………..ya throwing the fantasy and science together is cool but it gets old just like every other anime……so say your shit but don’t take it seriously people!!

10. Jake said,

April 8th, 2006 at 7:45 pm

Ok ppl. The fist season of FMA FUCKIN SUCKED and the second season was barely okay. PERIOD. POINT BLANK.

11. Some Random dude said,

April 9th, 2006 at 9:54 am

Like, I agree with Kyle if you want to know what I think of the show, but that’s not really what I want to say. For people like james and Jake, if the show is so stupid do you guys really need to throw it to the ENTIRE WORLD on this stupid website. I mean, OMG you think it sux or you think its cool. GET A GRIP, OK. It’s just a show, and its not really important if you like it or not. You don’t need to emphasize ti on the internet, its just stupid, which is why I think this entire site is completely irrelevant. Like, what pisses me off the most is people like james, whose doing exactly what he says you should’nt do. Shortly put, YOU”RE ALL MORONS!

12. matt said,

April 22nd, 2006 at 12:26 pm

i think it was better than NGE. but i havnt really seen many anime. and yup i really wanted to see what happens after 51!

13. trickylove said,

May 6th, 2006 at 10:47 am

Normally I don’t post in these things, but the person saying its better the NGE just makes me upset. I mean thats like saying Titanic is better then Pulp Fiction.

I’m not a fan of FMA. I don’t see why everyone loves it so much, I thought it was a decent anime, but no where near the greatness people keep building it up as. I thought it was stupid that there was no differance between Ed at age 12 and age 15. I didn’t find any interest in the show until episode 14. And people talk about how there is no filler and its all plot development… most of the show is filler. All you do is learn a little bit of plot (if any) at the very end.

14. Ashley said,

May 12th, 2006 at 5:12 pm

I totally disagree. Fullmetal Alchemist was and is one of the best anime shows out there. The dubbed episodes are better than subbed. Sure, the ending was screwy, but that doesnt make the whole show fucked.

If a person doesnt have the patiants to actually listen to a story and comprehend the emotional parts build up to fighting scenes then FMA just isnt the show for them. Try Yu-Gi-Oh or some other baby shit.

And just for the record, that guy in Ed’s outfit is gayest thing i’ve ever seen in all my life.

15. jacob said,

June 5th, 2006 at 12:13 pm

Luis raged:
    why because jacobs bored

one he is a followerer of the dark arts and uses magic
    to make people do his bidding,

two he needs to find a better clothes brand than tommy.

three you dont like FMA

four okay I admit I couldnt think of any actual things
    Just want to say nice site and id change the part in your bio so people know its magic tricks and not magic.

16. Cory The Hater said,

June 10th, 2006 at 5:18 pm

I, too, beleive this anime was far too overrated for what it was. I would watch it, yeah…. When it was late at night and nothing else was on. Not enough fight scenes, the animation isn’t as smooth as some, and the characters are dull.

17. XxATLsGreatestxX said,

August 21st, 2006 at 7:29 pm

Omfg FullMetal Alchemist is SoOoOo Awsome i love It soo much. I hav like every episode
    I love the animation its simple and affective and they did a good job aging Ed and Al (later in the movie) It was very suddle and u hav 2 pay attention 2 it anyone who doesnt lik it is a LOSER!!! Im so going 2 see da movie on fri!!!!

18. Edward_Elric said,

August 26th, 2006 at 2:02 pm

God how can anyone hate FMA…I was listening to the podcast and I was outraged

19. Ling Ling said,

August 26th, 2006 at 11:41 pm

Ok you guys…the only reasons why ppl like this anime is b/c it’s complex..yeah, it was confusing to the point where you thought it was good..and b/c other ppl like it. If your friends like it and you don’t, then you suck, so you HAVE to like it..no you don’t…you can try to say whatever you want about it, but if you say “yeah it was kinda…but this and that..and it was cool..”…NO it wasn’t, b/c I think maybe more ppl would like it and not have to make excuses as to why it’s cool, it’s pretty much just dragon ball z but with less episodes…I mean, honestly, I really wouldn’t care if the characters looked stupid, unless it was totally ridiculous, but if they’re not believable, then they suck. I’m not gonna watch a movie with bad actors, so you shouldn’t watch an anime with bad characters..that’s just my say at least, but there is no absolute truth, so get pissed if you want, but I think that this author is right ^_^ FMA isn’t as good as you think…

20. Xull said,

August 31st, 2006 at 8:43 pm

Well, to be honest I loved FMA but get totally pissed off when people like the guy above cosplay it I mean if he wants to look like a freak he can go ahead but it just insults FMA. The end sucked though but I can’t wait for the movie to come out. Whoever wrote the rage article of FMA though if you want to complain about beig personally attacked then I suggest you don’t use such insulting words. For example when you say it is gay and that Al has incestual thoughts about his brother that just proves how big of a dick that makes you. Kay but I enjoy your podcast.

21. Xull said,

September 9th, 2006 at 11:44 am

Well, I like the podcast but I like FullMetal as well and the words you use are way degrading. I mean I hate people like the person above. Please don’t even complain about being attacked for what you wrote using such degrading words just proves what a dick you are. I will Always keep listening to your podcast.

22. ~XxFMA RULEZxX~ said,

September 17th, 2006 at 9:00 pm

Ok yeah you suck dude! Al is not gay alright! But if you think he is then you also must be a gay. Alphonse is one of my favorite characters beside Ed and he is awesome! Everyone knows it’s just brotherly! Love! NOT REALY FUCKING LOVE YOU SHIT HEAD!! Ed AND Al both LIKE GIRLS!! Obviously you haven’t seen any of the series. To me I think it teaches us a lesson in the movie about our past. and I see you haven’t learned anything. I think it rocked although was a little disappointed I have to addmit, but still. I love this and this is the best anime i’ve ever watched. I’ve never cried like like this during a cartoon before! It brings so much emotion to me! And it’s also made me believe in myself and never give up on the things I want! SO JUST SHUT THE HELL UP YOU DICK HEADS WHO CALL FMA AND ALPHONSE GAY!!!!

23. Alex said,

September 25th, 2006 at 9:04 am

“I’ve never cried like like this during a cartoon before! It brings so much emotion to me! And it’s also made me believe in myself and never give up on the things I want!”

Wow. I better go re-write my article. Not.

You’re a loser.

24. Viviana said,

September 25th, 2006 at 10:13 pm

FMA was okay, I guess, but seriously they can say whatever they feel like. I’m not like mad at your peoples opinions, this was made to bring up discussion, It’s just that it’s notrealy a big deal.

25. Anime+ Podcast » FMA Raged Interesting Comment said,

October 25th, 2006 at 12:40 pm

[…] The following is an interesting comment I received from someone who read the FMA Raged Article. This is the e-mail I sent in reply, I received no e-mail back. […]

26. Paranoia Agent said,

November 4th, 2006 at 12:30 pm

This is BONES (studio that made this) bread and butter when it was released in JApan. I have to say guys I NEVER watched dubs because they all suck. I can understand Japanese and this series with the JApanese dub rocked. There are a lot of subtle puns, use of words with double meanings used in the Japanese words in this series that simply got “lost in the translation”.

So I don’t know what the gripes are, compared to most of the anime in JApan (believe me I’ve seen a few), this one had heart. Eureka Seven (a MORE recent one thats similar to FMA by BONES) ranked alongside this as one of my favourites because they both were genuine about showing character developments. NGE is like Elvis, GET OVER IT! It is awesome, but STOP using that as a benchmark.

27. People=Morons said,

November 8th, 2006 at 4:57 pm

PEOPLE! i personaly think FMA Rules but everyone has different oppions. im starting to get pissed at the way some people think! sure some of the episodes were boring, but everything leads to something. INFORMATION! and Mr.Editor – lets see you come up with a great anime that has awesome charaters, plot and action. i love FMA and you just keep shooting it down. so dont put things down till you got one better! >=P

28. Io_zO said,

November 9th, 2006 at 1:45 am

I thought FMA was decent, yes the end was confusing, but one of the better ones i’ve seen. Alphonse played a very important role in the storyline unlike the first article says…

29. Superarmy said,

November 23rd, 2006 at 12:06 am

FMA was the first real anime series i ever saw and at first it blew me away. However a friend kept telling me “yeah its good but there is better”. I thought he was dead wrong but now i see i was wrong. NGE, Elfen Lied,Hellsing are all far superior anime that FMA cant even hope to compare to. FMA is not the best, its about above average i suggest anybody who wants to see better see NGE ,Elfen Lied, Hellsing, Gundam SEED. Fullmetal alchemist is not even close to “the best”.

30. Outrider927 said,

November 26th, 2006 at 9:56 pm

Someone’s jealous his ideas aren’t as widely accepted.

31. Aki said,

December 10th, 2006 at 1:00 pm

what? what? FMA does not suck!!
    Edward is cool and all the charactors are too. who ever said that FMA sucks is going to get half of their soul bitten off!!!! ARG i hate who ever said that!!!! I took radom polls of who likes FMA and FMA won! Idiots theres tons of action and Ed is funny not DULL!!!!
    NOT THIS—–> -_- but this ^_^!!!
    ARG stupid people who think FMA sucks!!!ARG!!!! IT IS THE BEST I SAW SO MANY POLLS AND OUT OF ALL THE TOP TEN ANIMES FMA Came out first

32. jo said,

December 10th, 2006 at 10:32 pm

i think that u all suck ps f**k u

33. MrBlueMan said,

December 11th, 2006 at 11:46 pm

It all boils down to personal taste really.

34. Kyonkyonpanda said,

December 16th, 2006 at 12:45 pm

excuse me. you can’t really review that like especially if you haven’t taken the series into complete consideration. i luv this series, with all of it’s ups and downs, is an awesome series. i mean, its not the Best series but its certainly not the worst. It DOES have a good plot and characters. The manga is a little darker but ah well. It is certainly a series that is NOT ABOUT THE ACTION. It’s not necesarily overrated, considering it isn’t ‘insanely popular’ as you claim.
    I don’t think a series should be about the “action”, this series is about heart and is very deep. and your standard for good anime is rather suckish. I hope you have a nice trip finding a life and actualy finding a good reason to claim an anime is the worst. I don’t like 4th rate reviewers who can only say ” OMG IT SUX SO BADLOLOLOl.”
    My opinion? Overall an honest, enertaining, funny, and tear-jerking anime that develops an extremely unique plot and tells a heartful story.
    and you? I don’t like. You couldn’t even provide a good arguement. i hope your page get’s a virus.^_^
    ( Btw:Supernanny- Gundam seed is too mushy, Gundam wing is better.)

35. eCho said,

December 16th, 2006 at 6:51 pm

all u guys are talking about fma as if it’s only an anime…i mean, the anime isnt that great, but that doesnt mean the manga isnt. the manga is WAY better in my opinion and as MrBlueMan said, it all comes down to personal taste.

36. Josh said,

December 21st, 2006 at 12:34 pm

This page is full of wapanese closet-case faggots. The comments above posted are not contributing anything whatsoever.

I always thought anime was a poor excuse of being independent since the fanbase around it is a complete turnoff both on the internet and in real life. However, my curiosity of Japanese animation was sparked when I watched this series. The characters, plot, and art of it all had an overwhelming warm effect on me and I immediately made it a priority to watch the series every Saturday night.

“The Characters SUCK”

The show provides a great amount of diverse characters. Of course it’s essential for the main character to be predictable and overratingly appealing to boys and girls because that’s what pulls in the viewer to understand the show and keep it interesting to watch. Edward has a cocky, predictable, and egotistical douchebag personality, I’ll have to completely agree with the writer, however as Fullmetal Alchemist winds down to its climatic half of the US second season he goes through a great self-realizing change and matures to the rank he deserves.

Alphonse’s contrast to his brother’s personality is the second main support of keeping this show together. Ever read the book “Tuesday’s with Morrie” by Mitch Albom? You could compare the two easily and tell how both aren’t afraid to show compassion and love and tell how they feel. Do you really think it was “god damn lame” when Alphonse thought he wasn’t really Edward’s brother? Did you not realize the consequences of having a just a suit of armor as a body (can’t sleep, eat, feel, etc., etc.)?

“The Action SUCKS”

Can’t say much here. IMO, action isn’t really everything. The “To Kill a Mockingbird” movie had a 30-45-minute court room scene of no action whatsoever and yet it’s prevailed to be one of movie’s most dramatic scenes of all time. Your opinion. Peace out man.

“The Plot SUCKS”

What

I’m not to repeat myself here again, but Fullmetal Alchemist was not “an easy ride”. The first half was nothing but drama with other characters, and did nothing but set the layout for the second half of the series. I dare say you could compare the first half of the series to “Trinity Blood” (which is a major disaapointment and wonder why Adult Swim chose to air it), but the second half is what everyone should pay close attention to.

“tl;dr summary”

In conclusion, FMA is a great show. The greatest? Not even close. Ebert and Roeper would give it a thumbs down and up, but it’s something worth showing your kids.

Penis penis penis~…

37. Kitty said,

December 23rd, 2006 at 9:23 am

……..

I think all you FMA haters should go fuck yourselves. Theres no reason for you to hate it, i think your just bored and need something to do. Get a life, why dont you? I have nothing agaist the people that dont like it that much and say there reasons, but its people like YOU, Mr. Podcaster, who make these shitty web-blogs to slam things that are well loved. Are you a dick-head or something? You think everyones going to agree with you on your “Speech” but only a couple of people do.

I LOVE FMA and im not afraid to say it. I love the anime. I love the manga. I love Edward elric. I love it all. Theres LOADS of fight scenes (maybe you should go get your eyes checked out, because i see them all the time and you dont) and the plot is something ive NEVER seen before. How can you judge something youve never seen before, you ass-hole?

Now, i know im talking about it like its real, but i can realate to alot of things in that program and it helps me get through alot of drama in life. For some people, heck, FMA is there life.

And then theres pussy-lickers like you, going around fucking slating one of the most greatest animes of all time.

So, in conclusion, i advise you go get yourself some fucking taste, you wanker, and leave the choice of animes people watch to them, because no-one cares what you think.

Love kitty. xxx

38. Alex said,

December 26th, 2006 at 10:48 pm

You tell me to “Get a life” then…

“For some people, heck, FMA is there life.” HAHAHA, you mean NO LIFE.

Sorry, anime-fanboy-nazis!

39. Nicholas said,

December 26th, 2006 at 10:59 pm

Yes it seems Doctor phil here is right on target ..well except for the predictable part (for me it wasn’t predictable)and yea its just a show but why did anyone have to say anything about nothing that relates what people do with their time when they could’ve passed some stranger on the street and tell them how pathetic they are. yea its like when the mountain lion ate a whole bull and felt good started roaring then the hunter came along and shot him…the moral: “when you’re full of bull, keep your mouth shut”.So anyway although i’m not some fanatic over stuff like this its good to see interesting post like these cause the person who posted this summary of the show is like a “wine taster for anime” they see the little things(or the reality) normal people neglect because they are fond of the show.lastly i think the show is alright and yea they should’ve gone more on the action i mean c’mon its fun to see some more action.

40. the voice of reason said,

December 28th, 2006 at 4:37 pm

haha. fail.
    It’s like what outrider927 said.

enjoy your isolated and poorly supported opinions.

“while not being able to look at it objectively” -opening faggot.

hypocrite.

41. sam said,

December 29th, 2006 at 8:24 am

FMA rules how could you say that about it the show u horrible people it is the best show in the world in australia Fma isnt yet popular so we r not following a crowd by watching it if u hate it so much what r u doing looking up Fma on the internet u people can rot in hell i fill so sorry for u people for not liking Fma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. Josh said,

December 31st, 2006 at 3:08 am

Kitty… goddamnit it… way to prove what I just said…

“I always thought anime was a poor excuse of being independent since the fanbase around it is a complete turnoff both on the internet and in real life.”

43. Michael said,

January 4th, 2007 at 9:43 pm

I like FMA personally and NOT because “everyone else” likes it. I started liking the series because I started watching it on Adult Swim and I started renting the DVD’s and I got into the series. And for you haters, it’s your own opinion that you think FMA sucks it’s not a fuckin fact, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And if u say that “FMA sucks” is a fact, I feel sorry for you and you need to get a life and realize that your opinion doesn’t make it a fact just because u think it does.

44. Kelly said,

January 5th, 2007 at 2:46 am

When I first read this I was outraged. I love FMA and I didn’t like someone trashing it. Let me ask you this why did you write this? Why did you write about all of this hate for FMA? Because to me it seems pretty pointless. I mean you don’t HAVE to watch the anime and you don’t HAVE to read the manga and when you’re on the internet you don’t HAVE to read about FMA. You don’t HAVE to click on some forum entitled FMA. You don’t HAVE to have anything to do with it. So to me you writing this really just tells me you have nothing to do and no life.

45. yo said,

January 7th, 2007 at 11:02 pm

FMA is a great anime. The characters ARE well developed and the plot is magnificant. People only say this show is bad because they watch the first 15 episodes immediately stop watching. There is so many deep and hidden layers of plot in this anime that it takes time to unfold all the mystery. It isnt until ep 25 or so when all the pieces start coming together. someone who just watches the first season would think this anime is random but if you keep watching especially toward the end, youll find out that everything they did had meaning and every episode did have a purpose in telling their story (and re-introducing characters from season 1). This show has great animation, an awesome story, and great concluding movie, and is one of the few animes that isnt a rip of the common naruto-dbz-bleach-shonen genre. It is true that ed has great alchemy powers, but other characters are much stronger than him, and its not all about giant power battles, its about mystery finding out the truth of truths. If anything, this is like mystery meets magic meets science meets the davinci code.

GREAT anime. Millions of fans cant be wrong.

46. Kitty said,

January 13th, 2007 at 1:02 pm

I say:
    “For some people, heck, FMA is there life.”
    Becasue my best friends Dad just died, and she watches it to get her mind off of everything. I found suicide note underneath her bed and she cuts herself. Her mum died aswell, a few years earlier. She lives with her auntie now, BECAUSE SHE HAS NO PARENTS.

BEFORE I introduced FMA to her, she just used to hide and cry for ages in her room. She was off from school for 6 MONTHS.

Now, she comes out of the house to talk about FMA to me, but she still wont come to school, because people bully her for being an “orphan”.

NOW do you see why I say it? Without it, she’d proberyly be dead now.

You happy now? Good, because she’s been missing for 5 days now.

47. Alex said,

February 23rd, 2007 at 1:43 am

Kitty: That sounds like total bullshit.

48. HOMUNCULI said,

February 28th, 2007 at 5:22 pm

GREED VS EDWARD IS NOT THE ONLY FIGHT , WHAT ABOUT PRIDE VS ROY MUSTANG ? EHH DUMBASSES THAT HATE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST ,PAY ATTENTION TO THE EPISODES AND YOU WILL FIND AMAZING THINGS , THINGS THAT YOU CAN ONLY SEE BY REWATCHING THE EPISODES AND THE NEXT TIME YOU HATERS THAT TALK BAD ABOUT THIS SHOW TRY TO RESPECT THE OTHER PEOPLE LIKES!!! SOME PEOPLE HAVENT WATCHED THE SERIES AND YOU DUMBASSES COME AND TELL : FMA IS A BAD SHOW ! , WE DONT HAVE THE BLAME THAT FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST ISNT THE TYPIC BABY GAY ANIME!!!

49. Alex said,

March 5th, 2007 at 1:46 am

Funny because FMA fanboys are linked into my article via Google and they get freaked out. Like the above. Heh, next someone is going to tell me that Bleach has good characters…

50. JoaoSilvaBrasil said,

March 26th, 2007 at 12:57 pm

I already saw around 20+ animes. Most of them are not worth mentioning and I already forgot them.

Whenever I look for an anime I decide to watch it or not based on some standards.

FMA was always skipped on my list, because it didnt atracted me.
    One week ago I run out of good animes to see and decided to see FMA. I watched all episodes. Then I thought…

“I didnt liked it. This is just lame.”
    Whenever I liked something it wasnt intense enough, deep enough, further developed.
    “They could have entered more in that…”
    Then they change ambience/mood right of the bat… its ridiculous. How could they dont notice that sudden changes in the atmosphere is a big turn off. A big turn off. The main characters were like the guy descripted. One is a badly steriotyped protagonist. Clean of any originality. The other one, the guy in the armor is just ridiculous. I felt pity of myself for losing my time watching it…
    Whats with the woman characters? I couldnt find one woman behavior that was reasonable. Action was out of place. And not enough of it. I mean… The guy who made it… I couldnt stop thinking how inferior the writter/creator was like a thinking being…

Its not my first anime…. I know sometimes good animes doesnt have good starts… But the protagonist didnt have any potential to attach me. Neither their objective seems interesting. Whatever obstacle they had to surpass was always too easy…

I dont like crap. Even if its popular. In order to compare what I think its good I will name some animes:

Naruto, Bleach,
    Wolf’s Rain, Yuyu Hakusho, Saint Seya, Hellsing, Evangelion, Death Note, Hotaru no Haka/Grave of the Fireflies, Shura No Toki, Berserk, Record of Lodoss War, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Bastard…

Most of them are full of cliches (people saying things like “oh, he could do that special hidden technique using his left foot fingers…”, getting impressed easily to the point that they become lame and gay, bowing down to others will without having its own personality and feelings, being stupid as comic relief, woman behavior against man protagonist, etc…; every antagonist underestimate the protagonist; every evil guy laughs, etc… you know, cliches/steriotypes…

From the ones I mentioned, some are original, like the deep psychology of evangelion, or mind chess fight of death note, berserk, record of lodoss war (complete animes with everything), the sadness emotional state you get with the grave of the fireflies… or more of the same action animes with a few twists like saint seya, yuyu hakusho, samurai deeper kyo, bastard… but bearable, unlike dragon ball z and other animes.

full metal alchemist seem to be unoriginal and uninteresting, even the openings, no good soundtrack, no good action, no good characters, not any psychological or intelectual, the premise is lame, the world where they leave is blank… I didnt feel anything. And I found this site to be the answer for why such a popular anime doesnt fullfilled my expectations.

In other words, FMA is annoying. Unbearable. Uninsteresting. It doesnt add nothing, neither change a state of spirit. No creativity. Nothing…

Only when fans watch a handfull of animes they will be able to see through the crapyness of their beloved anime.